Dr. R. Wilburn (Wil) Clouse
We see Entrepreneurship Education as a vehicle for creating learning environments which foster entrepreneurial activities and develops the mindset for thinking outside of a structured setting. Such learning environments are designed to teach students how to live and work outside of bureaucracy, to learn to dream about new ideas and new ventures, to push the edge of the "envelope," and to see entrepreneurship as reality. By promoting creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship, we hope to nurture a new generation of entrepreneurial thinkers.
What We Believe:
- The work environment will change drastically in this millennium.
- Twenty-first century entrepreneurs must think differently and more creatively.
- Much of our current schooling process teaches certainty and how to work inside a structured and sometimes bureaucratic organization.
- Schools should teach about uncertainty, helping students learn how to deal with ambiguity and how to manage chaos.
- We need to develop citizens who will "make jobs instead of take jobs."
- People need to know how to be creative and think outside of the "box" of conformity.
- We want Americans to be prepared to compete effectively in the new global economic environment.
What is Entrepreneurship Education?
Entrepreneurship education is the process of providing individuals with concepts and skills to help them:
- Recognize opportunities that others have overlooked,
- To have the insight and courage to act where others have hesitated.
It includes instruction in opportunity recognition, marshaling resources in the face of risk, and initiating a business venture. It also includes instruction in business management processes such as business planning, capital development, marketing, and cash flow analysis.
We want to impact education from kindergarten through graduate level collegiate studies and into adult education. With the rapid advances in technology and our ever changing world we feel that entrepreneurship education will help individuals meet the challenges that are before us.
We offer the following services:
- Entrepreneurship Seminars
- Creative Thinking Seminars
- Business Planning
- Venture Funding Development
- Curriculum Development
- Public School Entrepreneurship Programs
- Research and Development
- "Think Tank" Institutes
In addition, we conduct research on new and innovative ventures that will likely have impact on twenty-first century living and will help develop research structures for new developing ventures.