Title: Graduate Student
Office: Buttrick 4-37
- MA English, Vanderbilt University, 2010
- MFA Creative Writing, University of Minnesota, 2009
- MA coursework Art History, University of St. Thomas
- BA English & Philosophy, College of St. Catherine, 2004
- The long nineteenth century:
- Anatomy, surgery, and the history of medicine
- Fairy tales
- Slave narratives
- GLBTQ studies
- Trauma studies
- Engl 102W: "Re-hearse: Anatomical Theatres and Mortuary Aesthetics" (Fall 2011)
- Engl 102W: "Comparative Cartographies" (2010-2011)
- Graduate Instructor, Department of English
- Poetry Editorial Staff, Nashville Review
- Social Chair, English Graduate Student Organization
- Graduate Instructor, Department of English, University of Minnesota (2006-2009)
- FLiCX Speaker (Faculty-Led Interactive Cinematic eXplorations) (Spring 2011)
- Co-Coordinator, English Department Recruitment and Orientation (2010)
- Provost's Graduate Fellowship, Vanderbilt University
- "The Oracle," Callaloo, Fall 2011.
- "End of Days" and "The Gloomy Festival of Punishment," Hayden's Ferry Review, Fall 2011.
- “Prayer for the Withheld Interior” and “Even the Smallest Distance Makes a Chasm,” Quarterly West, 2008.
- “The Magician, Reversed,” Paradigm, 2008.
- “An Interview with Brenda Hillman,” Water~Stone Review, 2006.