Program: Creative Writing & Master of Fine Arts
Office: 319 Benson Hall
- Columbia University, M.F.A. 1980
- University of Virginia, M.A. 1977
- University of Virginia, B.A. 1975
- Creative Writing: Poetry
- 19th & 20th Century American Poetry
- Women's Poetry
- Psychoanalysis and Poetry
- New poems: Eastern State
- Prose: Slow Fuse of the Possible: On Poetry & Psychoanalysis
- ENGL 307: Ma & Pa Poetry: Emily Dickinson & Walt Whitman
- ENGL 291: Advanced Creative Writing: The Art of Medical Writing
- ENGL 304: Graduate Poetry Workshop
- ENGL 307: Why Write: Perspectives on Literary Creativity
- ENGL 307: Reading/"Reading" Vanderbilt Creative Writers
- ENGL 307: Reading Emily Dickinson
- ENGL 288: Why Write?
- ENGL 207: Advanced U/G Poetry Workshop
- ENGL 115W: History of Poetry by American Women
- A Walk in Victoria's Secret, poems. LSU: October 2010.
- Four Testimonies, poems. LSU: 1998, 1999.
- The Niobe Poems, Pittsburgh, 1988, 2003.
- The White Wave, poems. Pittsburgh: 1984, 1985.
- Out of Silence: Selected Poems of Muriel Rukeyser, editor. Triquarterly, 1993.
- Of Solitude & Silence: Writings on Robert Bly, co-editor. Beacon Press: 1983.
- Recent work in: Best American Poetry 2010, Best American Poetry 2008, Blackbird, Cortland Review, Field, Hampden Sydney Review, Image, Northwest Review, Ploughshares, storySouth, Tabula Rasa, Womens Review of Books, et al.