Title: Assistant Professor
Program: Program in Jewish Studies
Office: 410 Benson
- Ph.D. U.C. Berkeley
- B.A. Stanford University
- Comparative Jewish Literature
- Gender and Cultural Studies
- The Gender, Secularism, and Jewish Modernity (in progress)
- Fall 2011
- English 283 "Jewish American Literature"
- Jewish Studies 248W "Jewish Storytelling"
- Spring 2012
- English 272 "Photography and Literature"
- Jewish Studies 237W "World Literature"
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- Association of Jewish Studies (AJS)
- American Comparative Literature Association (ACLA)
- Modernist Studies Association (MSA)
- Diasporic Modernisms: Hebrew and Yiddish Literature in the Twentieth Century (New York: Oxford University Press, 2012).
- "Orientalism, Secularism, and the Crisis of Hebrew Modernism: Reading Leah Goldberg’s Avedot" forthcoming in Comparative Literature. 2013.
- "Modernist Indexicality: The Language of Gender, Race, and Domesticity in Hebrew and Yiddish Modernism," MLQ 72.4 (2011).
- "A Lily Among Bullfrogs: Dahlia Ravikovitch and the Field of Hebrew Poetry." Prooftexts. 28:3 (2009).
- "Dovid Bergelson and the Landscape of Yiddish Modernism." East European Jewish Affairs. 38.1 (2008).
- "Jewish Women as Industrious Earners." Sh'ma: A Journal of Jewish Responsibility. December 2008. Reprinted online in JBOOKS.
- "The Shtetl and the City: The Origins of Modern Jewish Nostalgia in Shloyme reb khayims and Ba-yamim ha-hem." Jewish Social Studies. 12.3 (2006).
- Book Review of Anita Norich's Discovering Exile and Jonathan Freedman's Klezmer America for American Literature 81.3 (September 2009).
- "Language: A Yidisher Kop." Haaretz (English Edition), April 2, 2007 Review of Hana Wirth- Nesher's Call It English: The Languages of Jewish American Literature.