Monument to Russian poet and bard Bulat Okudzhava in Moscow
| Columbia (Russian Literature) bio
| NYU (Russian Literature) research
| Leningrad Polytechnic (physics and mechanics) teaching
- Acting Chair, Department of Germanic and Slavic Languages, 2006-2007.
- Fulbright Fellow, Nevsky Institute of Language and Culture, St. Petersburg, 2001-2002.
- Dean (1992-1997) and Director (1995-1997), Russian School at Norwich University.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Lafayette College, 1986-1987.
- Fulbright, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2001-2002.
- Fellow, Robert Penn Warren Center, VU, 1996-1997.
- Travel Grant, American Council of Learned Societies, 1990
- Research and Technology Grants, VU, 2007, 2005, 1995, 1994, 1993, 1991, 1988 (2).