1. Ecological speciation
2. Evolution of ecological specialization
3. Ecology of multi-trophic interactions
Department of Biological Sciences
VU Station B Box #351634
2301 Vanderbilt Place Nashville, TN 37235-1634
alt. e-mail: email@example.com
phone: 615-618-6601 (cell)
fax: 615-343-6707 (office)
Ph.D. candidate (2004-present)
Thesis: Ecological speciation in Neochlamisus bebbianae leaf beetles
M.S. Biology, 2004
Texas State Univeristy - San Marcos
Thesis: Local adaptation and spatial variation in host plant quality as determinants of the distribution of a gall-forming herbivore.
B.S. Biology, 1999
University of Texas at Austin
Specialization: Evolution, Ecology, & Conservation
- Hickory Stick Award for Outstanding Teaching in the Dept. Biological Sciences, Vanderbilt Univesity, 2007.
- Travel Grant; American Genetics Association, Vancouver, B.C., 2006.
- Graduate Student of the Year; College of Natural Sciences, Texas State University - San Marcos, 2004.
- Best Talk; Southwest Association of Naturalists Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, 2004.
- W.E. Norris, Jr. Scholarship Award, 2003.
- Sigma-Xi Society Grants-In-Aid of Research, 2002.
- Howard Schulze Academic Scholarship, 2002.